13 April 2010

Africa is ahead

Why the trip? Why leaving a more or less save existence in Spain? Look what happened to the world in the last decades. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. We all know this. Or we should know. Closing our eyes won´t help people in the poor countries. As a matter of fact we just want to keep our standard of living on a very high level. For us it is most important to be updated with latest technology. Could we still survive without having a flat screen television set? Could we survive without driving the latest modell of whatever car? Look of what we´ve got here. Children do have their own Computer with six years of age. Look at the most luxurious bathrooms where we spend 200 liter of water each every day in average. People are crying "bad times, crises....etc." But still the luxury havn´t changed.
And than look upon the other side of the world. A whole village is sharing one or two computers and when they are lucky they will get 4 hours internet connection in a week. People have to carry water over a distance sometimes more than 15km to their homes. Taking a bath? In a whirl pool? What do you reckon.
I am not a guy who thinks he can change this world. And I am not a guy who thinks any changes can be made with words. Changes as small as they might be have to be made where they are needed.
I am neither a friend of this huge, shiny health organisations. How can someone in an office in France know what is most needed in a region in Mozambique. And to be honest, how many percent of the money donated in charities is arriving in the poor countries. The result is shocking. In some of the organisations only 2!! percent of the money arrives at the project.
I know as well the fact help organisations are helping where no help is needed or wanted.
But why should I as a single person who wants to bring in it´s knowledge not go there to offer my help. I have no bounds what so ever. No wive, no kids, no employer.
I do have contacts to people in different countries in Africa already.
Building a hospital where professinal help is needed as well as tree plantations and harvesting.
I am offering my skilks to every project where they are usefull.
The travell to Africa will start in October,November 2010. During the summer I will travell through Europe. For two reasons. I am going to work as a WWOOFer (You find information about WWOOF in internet.) to learn more about alternitive farming. The second reason is the car. I am going to travell in an old Landrover. The car is rebuilt and I need to know if it last or if there ar still components in need of attention. Look at "Project Landrover". It´ll tell you everything about the car.
The take off will be in the end of May.
Thank you, Martin

1 Kommentar:

  1. I wish you well on your travels. I shall follow your progress, so keep up the good work.

    AntwortenLöschen

Comments welcome